Available for Sale Summer 2019:
UPMC Pinnacle Memorial
Medical Campus with 6 buildings
South Belmont Street
The UPMC Pinnacle Memorial Hospital medical campus sits on 10.91 acres on South Belmont Street in east York. It consists of the main hospital building, four clinical buildings and a maintenance garage.
Also available for sale: a three-story medical condominium office building located to the south of the main campus sitting on approximately 5.5 acres.
Main building and modular admin offices: 157,652 square feet
Four professional buildings: 14,674 square feet
Total Acreage: 10.91 acres
Ample parking: Approximately 550 spaces at the medical campus
Adjacent to I-83 with a traffic count of 65,000 ADT
Zoned Apartment-Office (AO)
Institutional Friendly Zone
Permitted by Right – Multi-Family, offices, personal service businesses
Special Exception – college dormitories, hotels, retirement facilities, nursing homes, retail, restaurants & schools.
MAIN HOSPITAL BUILDING
The main building is a collection of various additions and modification that has occurred during its 56-year life span as a Healthcare facility. There are essentially two primary elements to the Building – The Core & the In-Patient Rooms Wing:
- The Core which varies from 1 to 3 stories with differing floor plates sizes containing approximately 73,163 SF, and
- The Residential Wing is 4 stories with identical floor plates containing a total of 50,019 SF,
- Included in both elements is 11,928 SF of Operations space including the Boiler Room & Electrical Services,
- In addition, there are 20,237 SF of Hallways that connect exterior doors, stairs & elevators,
- The total SF of the Main Building is 142,897 SF which does not include the Modular Administrative Office Center.
- The Modular Administrative Office Building containing 14,755 SF is connected by a ground floor hallway, but is entirely separate from the Main Building.
- Together, the Main Building and the Admin Office wing contain 157,652 SF.
- Building Shell – Masonry, originally constructed in 1962 and subsequently modified, added to and renovated until 2010. Well maintained.
- Building roofing – In very good condition with the one story portion being re-roofed in 2012.
- Elevators (Otis) – two public (original) & two private (added in 1976).
- Flooring – VCT w/ cove base.
- Ceilings – lay-in tile w/ 2×2 prismatic lens lighting.
- HVAC / Mechanical – Central Plant System
- Heating – two York Shipley 400 BHP duel fuel (natural gas- #2 fuel oil), fire tube steam boilers producing 90 psi steam. Both boilers are original but have been regularly maintained and serviced.
- Cooling – two York 500-ton centrifugal water cooled chillers. One unit was placed in operation in the mid-1980’s and the other in 2000’s. Two Evapco cooling towers with similar age as the chillers.
- Air handlers – 4-5 Indoor and 4-5 roof mounted air handling units.
- Terminal Units – 4 pipe fan coil units located beneath the windows. Other spaces are served by constant volume, VAV and CAV terminal boxes with hot water reheat.
- Controls & Instrumentation – Originally Honeywell and currently controlled by Johnson Control Systems.
- Water Service – two main domestic water service entrances. No pumps are necessary as the water pressure entering the building is 60-70 psi.
- Domestic Water Heating – Single P-K Compack Steam instantaneous water heater installed in 2012. The system is installed in line with an original building storage tank with instantaneous steam coil, thus has redundant capacity per FGI 2014.
- Fire Protection System – Fully sprinklered with one fire service entrance, no pumps are required.
- Electrical Service – supplied by two medium voltage utility services feeding double ended switchgear located in the central utility plant. The double ended switchgear has a tie breaker that can switch the power over upon the loss of one service.
- Emergency Power – two generators, a 625 KVA installed in 1982 and a 250 KVA installed in 2002. Generators are fueled by an underground 1,000 gallon installed in 1982 with monitoring capability. Automatic transfer switches separate the distribution into life safety, critical and essential equipment branches.
Click to download PDF
Along the rear eastern edge of the property, four one-story masonry buildings are aligned along Mill Creek with I-83 immediately adjacent further east of Mill Creek. Paved parking for 234 cars surrounds the buildings.
The four clinical buildings owned by Memorial have the following square footages:
- 1788 3rd Avenue – 3,514 square feet
- 1796 3rd Avenue – 3,514 square feet
- 1784 4th Avenue – 3,861 square feet
- 1785 4th Avenue – 3,784 square feet
- Total square footage: 14,674 square feet
Click to download PDF